Now, is the time to get in shape pre-festivities…
Ah.. it’s that tricky time of the year.. eat until January or shake off the summer’s Rose.. Millions of us have tried. Millions of us have failed. The weather is hardly encouraging is it- I mean what is this?!
So, in the hope that recounting my favourite fitness fads, encourages us both, I made a little list…
- The hotel gym – essentially open all hours, the Mayfair’s ones are typically quite small, but, draw a select, focused crowd. I’ve been a member of the gym at Metropolitan Hotel and totally recommend it- the hotel has such serene energy.
- Reformer Pilates– Ten Pilates on Hanover Square is of course as a favourite, they used to have a fabulous instructor, who unfortunately was tempted away to join ladies only members club in Belgravia, Grace Belgravia and I have only heard good things about Heartcore in Hilton Park Lane Hotel
- Personal trainers– soo many to choose from, they are everywhere in Mayfair. Just make sure you have a permit for sessions in public squares… My PT recommendation is Anthony at Breathe Fitness – he occasionally runs weekly sessions in Green Park too..
- Run – Mayfair is a stones throw from two Royal parks, Hyde Park & St James’s Park– both fabulous for a run surrounded by trees and perfect for carrying out your own little routine.
- Matt Roberts– trainer to the stars and the Mayfair set he and his team have a studio on Berkeley Street
- Bath & Racquets Club – A Birley Club. A statement membership for the most discerning gentlemen, a most serious club featuring its own compulsory sportswear. They even have a Barber.
- The Lansdowne Club– renowned for its swimming pool and squash courts; this club is very welcoming to Junior members. The Lansdowne Club is also undergoing an extensive refurbishment
- Keep your eyes patiently opened, Claridge’s Hotel is undergoing an extensive transformation which will see the expansion of its Spa & Fitness centres