Pancake Day. The first acceptable day in the year, after your January ‘diet’ to indulge again.
We’ve rounded up the ultimate guide to where you will want to enjoy your pancakes in Mayfair, today; over here
Last week, we got in on the action early and visited Chef Tom at The Chesterfield, to make our very own pancakes (n.b. may cause shock, horror and admiration) and to also get a few top tips from him, to share with our readers.
Chef Tom’s top tips for perfect pancakes
- Make your pancake batter slightly ahead of time (an hour or so is fine)
- A hot pan is essential – not too much oil though
- It is preferable to use a little batter as possible, to keep your pancake light and fluffy (where I go wrong)
- Use a palette knife (flat edge utensil) to help you turn the pancake over, before your first flip (also, where I have previously gone wrong). Be quick though, you don’t want it to burn.
- Enjoy ala classic – banana and sugar – or indulge in a crepe suzette.#pancakeday
Thank-you to Chef Tom and the team at The Chesterfield for being so welcoming!
Images/Video courtesy Mayfair Curated